Thursday, June 21, 2007

Done with work.

Wow, this is a weird, stressful and relieving feeling all at once. I am working from home tomorrow and then I am done. I am taking the full 12 weeks of maternity leave and cannot wait to have the time with Brady. I haven't had more than a week off work since I graduated college, so this will be something new.

I had my 39 week appt yesterday and the doctor had some interesting news. I haven't dilated much more, but am almost 2 cm now and have effaced to about 75%. So there is some progress. The issue is this baby doesn't want to drop. Apparently, she can feel his head and it is stuck up above my pubic bone. She wants to wait for him to hopefully unstick himself, but that may not happen at this point. The other problem is that my blood pressure went up for the first time. I knew I have been very swollen, but I gained over 6 lbs in less than a week. She said that is physically impossible to do, so it is all water, which is also a sign of high blood pressure. She wants to wait it out to see if Brady will get into position, but she is worried about my blood pressure getting to the point where it can be dangerous. So she has ordered me to be off my feet and to rest at home. Doctor's orders! :) I guess I will be doing more relaxing than I thought these next few days. She said that at the next appointment (due date) we will have to make some decisions. She has seen so many women labor and push for hours unsuccessfully, then end up with a C-Section when their baby is in the same position as Brady, and does not want to set me up for an unsuccessful labor. I really want to have Brady the old fashion way, but if it means a 24 hour labor and ending in a C-section, then lets just skip the 24 hours of pain and get this show on he road. We will see where he is at the next appointment and figure out the plan. Hopefully he will make it past that darn bone. She did say it may be his size that is prohibiting him from dropping into my pelvis. Maybe he has a huge head. She said he feels at least 7 1/2 lbs, which is about average, so who knows. We won't know until he gets here!