Friday, May 25, 2007

Waiting Game

I know I still have a little over 4 weeks to go, but they say "full term" is anywhere between 37 and 40 weeks. In that case, Brady could make his appearance in less than two weeks! I really don't think he will be early, but just thinking about that makes it seem so close. I have been getting a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions, which are really starting to hurt. From what I have read, that just means my body is getting ready for labor, but not necessarily an indicator that labor is just around the corner. In our class they taught us to wait to go to the hospital until the contractions are 5-1-1. So, contractions that are 5 minutes apart, that last one minute and continue the pattern for one hour. I have my first appointment next week where my doctor will start checking every week for dilation and effacement, so that will be exciting. Don't worry...I will keep everyone posted! :)

We plan on finishing up a lot of little pre-baby projects around the house. We have so many "baby appliances" to put together and we are organizing all the boxes of gifts and putting away things we won't be needing right away. Right now I am using the crib for storage, so that will have to change. Most of his newborn clothes have been washed and are ready to go, but we need to make one more trip to Babies R Us and get some last necessities. After that, we should be all set and it will just be a waiting game.