Friday, January 26, 2007

It's a BOY!!!!




We are so excited to announce that we are having a baby boy!!! I hate to say I told you so, but I knew it all along. :) We had our big sonogram today and everything looked great! The doctor was very thorough and was measuring the skull, limbs, heart, brain and then in passing happened to mention it was a boy. He was showing us the kidneys and the bladder and in the same sentence said..."and it is a boy", without even changing his tone. He then continued on to show us the pelvic and leg bones. We barely even caught it, but Colby and I looked at each other and said...Wait? What? Did you say boy? The doctor then went back to show us his boy parts and I still couldn't tell, but that is why he is the doctor. We of course asked him if he was sure. He said..."well, unless it falls off, you have a boy." That pretty much sums it up. Everything else measured right on my dates and nothing abnormal, so all good news for the Smiths today. Colby surprised me with pink and blue gifts in the car after the sonogram. He had them all wrapped up and ready to go no matter what the outcome. We will have to save the girl gift for later, but I will post some pics of Baby Smith's new digs this weekend.