Saturday, April 7, 2007

7 Months!


Look how much we've grown! I look back on my 5 and 6 month pictures, at my non-existent bump and laugh. I thought I was really showing, but now there is NO doubt I am pregnant! I have suddenly really "popped out". I would say more like "blown up". Popped out is what the polite people say.
I had my 7 month appointment this week and I have gained 9 lbs since my last visit! My doctor kind of laughed and said, that was a good growth spurt! She said as long as I don't have that large of a jump before my next appointment, I should be ok. She likes her patients to stay around 30 lbs total and so far I am a 21lbs. The doctor said weight gain typically levels off in month 8 and 9 because there is just not as much room in there to put a big meal. I have already noticed that and have had to cut my meals almost in half because I get so full, so fast. I still have room for my ice cream though. Maybe I should get frozen yogurt next time. :) At this appointment I had to test for gestational diabeties and anemia. Both test came back fine so that was good.
My belly button is almost completely flat. Not sure if it will pop out, only time will tell.
I know I say this every time, but I cannot tell you how fun it is to feel him moving around in my belly. It is almost constant now and he rolls and kicks and gets a little case of the hiccups now and then. Not only is it the moving I can feel, but the moving I can see, that is the most fun. My belly hardly stops moving. It is just amazing.